Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Tag It Tuesday Linky Party

Happy Tuesday Everyone!

It's July and we're melting here in south Texas.  That's normal.  We might get some relief by October.  I hope everyone in hot climates is able to stay cool and comfy.
Smiley from Millan.Net


Today is our link party for Tag It Tuesday.  This month's theme was patriotic (not country specific).  I'm here to share my tag with you.



I started with a plain #5 shipping tag.  My overall aim with this tag was to create a simple, nearly single layered tag that still had the look of a lot of texture and 3-D layers.  I started out by spraying it with Dylusions Ink Spray in Postbox Red and London Blue, spritzing with water to get it to move around like I wanted to.  Then I dripped water randomly on it, let it set for a while, and then blotted it off to get a speckled look.

I took a scrap piece of Neenah white cardstock and drew the opening bars of The Star Spangled Banner with a Pigma Micron pen (yes, my music friends, I know I notated the first two notes incorrectly).  I sprayed this with Lindy's Stamp Gang spray in Opal Sea Oats to tone down the white and give it some shimmer.  I also inked the edges with Distress Ink.  

 

I pulled out an old Stampin' Up flag stamp and used Archival Ink in Jet Black to stamp it at the bottom of the tag.  I added some white accents with my Uniball Signo white pen.  I accented the heart with some red glitter glue.



I also gave a wonky outline to the whole tag with the white pen, and added some white "stars" on the blue portion.

Topped off with some pretty grosgrain red, white and blue ribbon, I am very pleased with how this tag turned out.  And, in my opinion, we need a lot more patriotism here in these United States.

Here's a little process video of how this tag was made.



Now it's your turn!  I hope you'll take the opportunity to make a patriotic tag (whatever that means to you) and link it up here.  Then please visit the other participants and leave them some blog love!



Thanks for looking at my blog. I appreciate all the wonderful comments everyone leaves. Happy Crafting!

1 comment: